The National Judicial College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action, ADA organization, and admits participants of any age, race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin.
Principal position with the NJC accountable for systems integrity, optimization, and leveraging of data in the advancement of development via the Raiser’s Edge system.
Principal Duties/Job Responsibilities
(listed in order of importance and/or time spent)
- Accountable for the maintenance of Raiser’s Edge database.
- Interacts with and provides database support to various areas of the Development department and the President’s Office, including major and planned gifts and donor relations.
- Maintains Raiser’s Edge daily maintenance to include record and database updates.
- Processes all contributions and gifts.
- Creates and sends donor acknowledgement letters and correspondence.
- Conducts software inquires to prepare repetitive and ad hoc reports.
- Coordinates with Finance to ensure effective recordkeeping and account balances.
- Researches donors and prospects to determine giving capacity and likelihood of becoming a major or planned giver.
- Identifies and recommends procedures and solutions for accuracy, integrity, and efficiency of the database program.
- Provides timely, efficient, and accurate support to the Development Office.
Job Position Qualifications
- Possession of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university – (Required)
- At least two years’ experience using development/fundraising software such as Raiser’s Edge. – (Required)
- Previous experience working with and accomplishing multiple assignments of varying complexity and with different priorities. – (Required)
- Advanced level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: adding developer tab, creating a macro, formatting table style, inserting comments and/or creating a mail merge). – (Required)
- Advanced level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using AVERAGE function, merging and centering cells, printing centered page and/or creating a pivot table). – (Required)
- Previous experience working in a development and/or communications department. – (Preferred)
- Previous work experience in a not-for-profit, NGO, and/or association environment. – (Preferred)
Full-time, Classified/Hourly with Benefits
Position Reports to: Director of Development
This position is open until filled.