Thursday, December 17, 2015 | Noon PT / 1:00 p.m. MT / 2:00 p.m. CT / 3:00 p.m. ET
Judges come to the bench from a variety of background experience and careers. Some judges have little or no litigation experience, so an area of complex litigation such as mass torts, can be challenging without appropriate educational opportunities. This free webcast, Management of Mass Torts Part I – Pre-Trial, helps fill that void.
The webcast objectives will be:
- Outline the importance of predictability and consistency in applying discovery requirements.
- Identify how mass tort cases are treated differently than any other product liability case.
- Apply effective procedural techniques when handling a mass tort case.
- Michael J. Pietrykowski, Partner and National Chair of the Environmental & Toxic Tort Practice, Gordon & Rees.
- Hon. David Gersten, Partner and Chair of the Appellate Division at Bilzin Sumberg Baena Price & Axelrod in Miami, Florida. Judge Gersten has taught at the NJC since 1997.
- Hon. Meenu T. Sasser, Circuit Civil Division “AI”, Fifteenth Judicial Circuit of Florida Palm Beach County Courthouse. She is the incoming associate dean of the Florida Judicial College and member of the Florida Court Education Council.
|Consumer Credit Litigation from A to Z: What Judges Need to Know||September 17, 2014|
|The Affordable Care Act (ACA) and Criminal Justice||May 2, 2014|
|Confronting Crawford Challenges (Part 1)||November 13, 2013|
|Confronting Crawford Challenges (Part 2)||December 4, 2013|
|Confronting Crawford Challenges (Part 3)||March 26, 2014|
|FMCSA Webcast: Commercial Driver Licensing Enforcement||May 22, 2014|
|FMCSA Webcast: Role of the Traffic Court||September 18, 2014|
|Commercial Driver Licenses — The CDL Holder in a DUI/DWI Case||August 14, 2013|
|Commercial Driver Licenses — Masking||June 19, 2013|
|Drugged Driving Essentials Update||February 20, 2014|
|The Guilty Plea in Impaired Driving Cases – Impaired Driving Case Essentials||August 13, 2013|
|Ignition Interlock: Status Update||July 24, 2014|
|NHTSA Webcast: The Older Driver: Special Issues||October 10, 2012|
|NHTSA Webcast: Tracking the Last Place of Drink||May 21, 2015|
|NHTSA Webcast: Women and Impaired Driving||February 12, 2015|
|The Younger Driver — Distracted Driving Issues||March 20, 2014|
|Learning Activities — Making Learning Interactive||April 29, 2014|