Donors Contribute to the NJC Experience
The National Judicial College is proud to have commemorated its 50th year of providing education – innovation – advancing justice to our nation’s judiciary in 2013. It was a remarkable year – our in-person enrollment surpassed 4,700 for the first time ever (an additional 4,000 judges and court personnel were educated online). We held three anniversary symposia on topics of great interest to the legal system – civility, jury trials and the 21st century jurist; established our first Presidential Scholarship Endowment in honor of NJC President, William Dressel who retired in December; and exceeded our fundraising goals.
The College’s success can be attributed to our superb faculty and staff, leadership, engaged judicial students, committed Board of Trustee and Board of Visitors members and our many generous donors.
As we look to the next 50 years, we focus on our key strength – the NJC Experience. NJC students learn from a faculty of veteran judges who are leaders in their respective areas of expertise. The students engage in an interactive learning setting in a retreat-like environment on the beautiful University of Nevada, Reno campus. And, they establish professional connections with fellow judges from around the country. Newly minted graduates tell us what thousands of judges before them have told us: The NJC experience provides them with the knowledge and skill set necessary to improve their courts and administer justice fairly and competently.
Support from donors is invaluable to the health and future of The National Judicial College Experience, and we thank you in advance for your new or renewed support. An investment can be made through a number of programs or by making an outright gift. Please click here to donate now by using our secure online donation site.
Thank you for your commitment to the NJC Experience through your support of one of our worthwhile programs. Feel free to contact me directly at (775) 327-8257 or by email with any questions or concerns.
Gretchen Alt Sawyer
Director of Development/Communications
- Chubb Joins the Pillars of Justice Fund and Shows Commitment to Judicial Education as a Way to Improve a Nation
- Brighten the Future with a Legacy Gift to the NJC
- NJC’s Final 50th Anniversary Symposium Message to Judges: You Gotta Love Learning
- William F. Dressel Scholarship Endowment to Benefit Judges
- Mark Tratos, Shareholder of Greenberg Traurig, Named Chair of the NJC’s Board of Trustees
- Foundation Support Important to NJC's Success
- Individual Donors Instrumental to The National Judicial College's Success
- The NJC Holds Successful Civility Symposium
- Opportunity to Donate in Memory or in Honor of Someone Special
- The National Judicial College Commemorates 50 Years of Judicial Excellence
- The NJC Board of Trustees Receives 100% Participation Award