Management of all aspects of human resource services including but not limited to: talent acquisition, payroll and benefits administration, training and development, and employee engagement, as well as partnering with Management by providing human resource advice and counsel.
- Oversight of staffing functions such as: recruitment, interviewing, selection, orientation, off-boarding and resource planning.
- Benefits and Payroll administration: maintenance of employee data (staff additions, change of address, medical information, I-9’s, etc.); leave and FMLA oversight; establishment and maintenance of wage and salary structure for excellent staff retention.
- Initiate and coordinate employee training and development programs.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state and local legal requirements by the submission of timely and accurate reports, providing guidance in the interpretation of labor laws, implementing applicable employment laws, and enforcing adherence to labor and ADA requirements.
- Achievement of accuracy in reporting and handling workers’ compensation claims.
- Development and implementation of a comprehensive employee assessment, appraisal and recognition program and discipline structure.
- Review of discipline and terminations to ensure legal compliance. Conduct exit interviews to give feedback to Management.
- Coordinate internship programs and temporary employment schemes.
- Plan and coordinate employee events to promote NJC spirit and encourage employee engagement.
- Spearhead development of the Employee Handbook that will promote and integrate the College’s mission and core values with employment policies.
- Supervision of at least one full-time employee and one part-time intern performing functions related to hospitality, events, facility coordination and reception.
- Hiring, recommending/approving promotions and pay increases, scheduling, performance reviews, discipline, etc.
- Other duties that may be assigned by the Officers of NJC.
- Responsibility for facility usage by third parties and other related activities.
- Assistance with special projects in collaboration with other departments of the NJC.
General office environment, some overtime. As a normal course of business, this job will not require travel.
This position is not limited to those duties listed in the job description. Duties and responsibilities can be changed, expanded, reduced, or deleted to meet the business needs of The National Judicial College.
- Possession of a bachelor’s degree in a related field and five years Human Resource experience required. – (Required)
- Experience in the interpretation, implementation and application of regulations and laws related to employment, employee relations, including but not limited to: EEO, ADA, FSLA and FMLA. – (Required)
- Ability to provide sound advice to leadership and staff on policies and regulations. – (Required)
- Experience in benefits administration including but not limited to health and retirements plans, salary and benefit benchmarking, market value and competitive strategy. – (Required)
- Possession of excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to clearly express ideas and actively listen to others. – (Required)
- Ability to resolve people-related problems and make tough decisions that will ensure cost and risk mitigation for the College. – (Required)
- Possession of leadership qualities that will promote positive attitude at all levels of the organization. – (Required)
- Must be able to maintain high level of confidentiality. – (Required)
- Possession of excellent organization and time management skills. – (Required)
- Must be computer literate and have hands-on experience with MS Office software based products. – (Required)
- Human Resource experience with a non-profit organization. – (Preferred)
- Equivalent combination of training, education and experience or certification in PHR or SPHR. – (Preferred)
Department: Finance, Full-time, Exempt/Salaried with Benefits
Position Reports To: Chief Financial Officer
This position is open until filled.
» Click here to apply online for the Human Resources Manager
Founded in 1963, The National Judicial College is the nation’s leading provider of judicial education offering courses to improve judicial productivity, challenge current perceptions of justice and inspire judges to achieve judicial excellence. Housed on the historic campus of the University of Nevada, Reno, the College is a Nevada not-for-profit 501(c)(3) educational institution affiliated with the American Bar Association. Today, its mission remains as relevant as ever: education, innovation and advancing justice.