The Operations Manager is responsible for managing and executing many aspects of facilities, travel, lodging, catering, hospitality, and procurement for the College and for supporting major conferences and events, such as the Appellate Judges Education Institute summit and the TIPS trial academy.
Role and Responsibilities
- Plans and executes catering and special events for on-site courses and outside organizations from pre-planning through execution (including estimates, project time lines, budgets, event specifications, vendor communications, and verification of invoices prior to payment).
- Provides board of trustees meeting support to Chief of Staff as needed, including tracking attendance, submitting housing lists to hotels, providing catering counts for various events within the meeting time frame, and facilitating the meetings in-person to ensure seamless execution.
- Negotiates rates and amenities annually with Reno hotels for NJC staff, faculty, and guests. Works with hotels to establish room blocks based on annual program calendar, separate grant class contracts, and verifies hotel invoices.
- Secures and reconciles travel and lodging for staff and faculty and provides customer support for participant/guest travel issues.
- Fosters relationships with vendors, hotels, and other outside organizations doing business with the NJC and serves as primary liaison for course participants and guests.
- Provides administrative and managerial support to the Academic Department as requested, includingsupporting major conferences and to the Chief of Staff as requested.
- Manages all aspects of building use and access by NJC and outside organizations, including contracting, updating calendars and databases, and coordinating A/V and acts as primary liaison for physical plant with UNR.
- Manages inventory and purchasing for NJC per policy, including supply service requests, purchase orders, and vendor/supply research and manages all aspects of NJC-logo merchandise.
- Maintains daily office operations including mail processing, equipment maintenance, and supplies.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Previous experience utilizing Microsoft Office suite.
- Demonstrated project or program management.
- Previous experience with inventory, purchasing, or contracting.
- Previous experience working with travel and hotel industry.
- Typical office work environment. Requires standing, lifting, walking and receiving/distributing packages which may weigh up to 30 pounds.
- Occasional evening and weekend work; travel as required.
- Position is located in Reno, but NJC’s flexible work policy will apply.
- Salary range is $50,000 to $60,000 depending on experience.
To apply for this position, submit a cover letter and resume to NJC-HR@judges.org.