This position provides programmatic support to the in-person and web based educational programming of the Academic Department and assists with other tasks as needed. This position must be fluent or gain fluency with NJC’s learning management systems, classroom technology and online teaching platforms. The program manager will also liaise with other departments as necessary to ensure operational aspects of programs. Travel may be required.
Role and Responsibilities
- Assists the directors, judicial education managers, and program attorneys in the delivery educational courses and programs: Researches and defines educational goals, objectives, and methodologies to meet course goals.
- Edits and revises course materials using Word and PowerPoint to meet the high standards of NJC.
- Communicates with 50 to 75 consultants and faculty members regarding materials production, confirming their participation and travel, and receiving and processing reimbursement forms.
- Host and produce webcasts and courses in WebEx and Zoom and coordinates aspects of WebEx (or other online systems) by arranging conference calls, scheduling webcasts, providing technical support, and reviewing invoices.
- Maintains and utilizes data using NJC databases and learning management systems.
- Coordinates and codes consultant agreements, bills and invoices, processes vendor contracts, communicates with vendors, and liaises with NJC’s Finance Department on subcontracts and subcontractor reports.
- Ensures efficient execution of courses and special projects, traveling as necessary including all aspects of audio/visual requirements for courses, hotel logistics, production and maintenance of course schedules, and troubleshoots and assists faculty and participants during courses with their needs.
- Assists with execution of grant deliverables and grant compliance.
- Provides administrative support to the department.
- Continually upholds the NJC’s values.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Two years of experience in program or project management is preferred.
- Strong verbal communication skills, project management skills, and the ability to adjust to high pressure and rapidly changing business conditions.
- All staff members of the National Judicial College must maintain a professional appearance and demeanor, use of diplomacy skills, and work with many different types of professions, personalities, and abilities.
- Experience in adult education is highly desired.
- Learning management system and educational database experience.
- Outstanding writing skills.
- Experience in continuing adult education and grant administration.
- Occasional evening and weekend work as required. Travel as required.
- Position is located in Reno, but NJC’s flexible work policy will apply.
- Salary Range is $55,000 to $60,000 depending on experience.
- Staff, faculty, and learners are required to be vaccinated. See our policy at: https://www.judges.org/covid-19/
A resume and cover letter are required for this position. In your cover letter please tell us why you are the most qualified person for this job, what about our position is most interesting to you, and talk to us about your multitasking and research skills. Submit a cover letter and resume to NJC-HR@judges.org.