The National Judicial College is seeking a new member of its high performance team of professionals. This position partners with the judicial education managers/program attorneys and provides administrative support to the Academic Department’s educational products; gathers, organizes, and prepares course and grant materials; ensures execution of courses and special projects as assigned; maintains faculty and course rosters and course schedules; and liaises with other departments to ensure operational aspects of programs.
Role and Responsibilities
- Gather, organize, prepare, proofread, and improve upon program materials ensuring accurate and timely completion under sometimes tight deadlines for 15-30 assigned academic events per year.
- Act as primary point-of-contact with faculty for materials submission, travel & logistics, faculty information, personal services contracts, reimbursement forms, and other information as required for 100-200 faculty and participants per year.
- Execute audio/visual learning modalities for programs including PowerPoint, media players, responder units, and Crestron portals for 30-60 programs per year.
- Audit faculty and participant reimbursement forms for compliance with NJC’s travel policy for 100-200 faculty and participants per year.
- Maintain and utilize data using NJC databases including updating faculty information, utilizing data reports, creating schedules, rosters, and other database template information for 15-30 academic events per year.
- Coordinate and code consultant agreements and invoices, process vendor contracts and communicate with vendors, and liaise with Finance Department on subcontracts and subcontractor reports.
- Liaise and communicate effectively orally and in writing with outside organizations as required, including off-site course logistics.
- Continually upholds the NJC Values of maintaining an absolute commitment to justice, delivering and inspiring excellence and innovation in our work, championing integrity, and demonstrating engaged leadership.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Associate’s degree and two years of office experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills with the ability to express ideas clearly and concisely.
- Extensive experience and knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Flexibility in handling multiple priorities and ability to adjust to high stress levels in rapidly changing business conditions needed.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member with minimal supervision.
- All staff members of the National Judicial College must maintain a professional appearance and demeanor, use of diplomacy skills, and work with many different types of professions, personalities, and abilities.
- Paralegal or law office administration experience preferred.
- Occasional evening and weekend work as required. Travel as required.
- Position is located in Reno, but NJC’s flexible work policy will apply.
- Salary Range is $38,000 to $41,000 annually depending on experience.
To apply submit a cover letter and resume to NJC-HR@judges.org.