If you are our next Director of the National Tribal Judicial Center, you will:
- Lead a dynamic team, striving to improve justice in tribal communities
- Apply your extensive knowledge about Indian Country courts and communities
- Secure and administer federal grants
- Provide training and technical assistance for tribal court judges and personnel
Created more than a half-century ago at the recommendation of a U.S. Supreme Court justice, The National Judicial College remains the only educational institution in the United States that teaches courtroom skills to judges of all types from all over the country, Indian Country and abroad. The categories of judges served by this nonprofit and nonpartisan institution, based in Reno, Nevada, since 1964, decide more than 95 percent of the cases in the United States. The National Tribal Judicial Center at NJC was created in 2002 to promote justice and sovereignty in Indian Country through quality judicial education and respectful dialogue.
The National Judicial College is seeking a collaborative and experienced leader to fulfill the position of Director of the National Tribal Judicial Center (NTJC). Under the direct supervision of the Chief Academic Officer, the Director of the NTJC is responsible for managing the education offerings and initiatives of the NTJC. This position is responsible for ensuring that the financial goals for which you have direct oversight, as enumerated in the annual budget and approved by the board, are met each year.
The ideal qualified candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Master’s degree in a related field.
- At least five (5) years of experience working with tribal court or in tribal law.
- At least five (5) years of experience writing and administering federal grant awards.
- At least three (3) of management experience in a professional environment.
- At least three (3) years of experience in project management.
- Law degree from an ABA accredited law school.
- Experience serving as a tribal court judge.
- CJE/CLE program design experience.
This position is located in Reno, Nevada- deemed The Biggest Little City and listed as a US News Best Place to Live. Find out more about the perks of living and working in Reno: Home - WorkLivePlayRenoTahoe
Relocation assistance may be available.
Please e-mail cover letter and resume to: NJC-HR@judges.org
NJC offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.