If you are our next Director of Marketing and Communication, you will:
- Be part of a dynamic team with frequent exposure to judges and high-profile lawyers
- Develop and implement strategic and tactical planning that support the mission, vision of NJC, including marketing, media, special projects, and all aspects of public relations.
- Increase organization awareness to the public through a variety of marketing tactics
- Represent the National Judicial College at a national and local level to enhance partner relationships
Created more than a half-century ago at the recommendation of a U.S. Supreme Court justice, The National Judicial College remains the only educational institution in the United States that teaches courtroom skills to judges of all types from all over the country, Indian Country and abroad. The categories of judges served by this nonprofit and nonpartisan institution, based in Reno, Nevada, since 1964, decide more than 95 percent of the cases in the United States.
The National Judicial College is seeking an innovative and influential marketing professional to fill the position of Director of Communications and Marketing. The Director of Communications and Marketing is responsible for developing marketing strategies and managing and executing projects that both improve people’s understanding and appreciation of the College and promote enrollment and charitable support.
The ideal qualified candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with a concentration in marketing, communications, journalism, marketing, or public relations.
- At least four (4) years’ experience in marketing programs, writing/editing communications, media releases, internal communications pieces, annual reports, and/or general educational related communications as demonstrated by an appropriate portfolio.
- Previous experience developing and deploying formal and information communications using various media throughout all levels of an organization.
- Experience working in marketing or communications in the legal field.
This position is located in Reno, Nevada- deemed The Biggest Little City and listed as a US News Best Place to Live. Find out more about the perks of living and working in Reno: Home - WorkLivePlayRenoTahoe
Relocation assistance may be available.
Please e-mail cover letter and resume to: NJC-HR@judges.org
NJC offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.