The National Judicial College seeks a high caliber, high energy fundraising professional with the skills, experience, leadership and commitment to NJC’s mission to help take the current fundraising program to the next level and beyond. The CAO will work with a strong executive leadership team that includes a CEO, Provost and COO/CFO. The right candidate will have proven success in implementing, growing and managing a high-performing advancement program, strong leadership and management experience, and a proven ability to partner with like-minded organizations. In particular, the Chief Advancement Officer will:
- Navigate the legislative paths for states’ budgeting cycles. Understand the preparation and defense of feasibility studies supporting specific legislative asks.
- Develop and maintain relations with critical partners who share our mission.
- Nurture relationships with our Board of Trustees and Board of Visitors.
- Maintain and grow gifts from foundations which include inspirational and technical proposal writing and person-to-person meetings. Demonstrate success in increasing gift amounts and giving periods for awards ranging from $10,000 to more than $100,000.
- Manage leads from an existing cultivation pipeline. Generate at least 20 asks each year. Demonstrate success in managing major gift initiatives.
- Expand our reach into individual donors through thoughtful campaigns that include annual giving, planned giving and relevantly-themed annual appeals.
- Grow federal grant activities through leveraging existing and planned areas of expertise of NJC with a variety of agencies at the tribal, state and federal level. Collaborate as a lead as well as a sub for multi-million multi-year award opportunities.
- Supervise a donor database that includes usage with different staff members.
- Manage a team that includes complimentary backgrounds and areas of expertise and update the department’s annual plan.
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience in fundraising leadership with proven track record of success, experience with targeted fundraising campaigns such as capital or endowment a plus.
- Demonstrated broad knowledge of justice related issues and the courts.
- 5+ years managing and developing teams with measurable success and progress.
- A record of successfully creating large scale partnerships and significant contributions.
- Strong interpersonal, decision-making, and leadership skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Analytical thinking and ability to analyze data to make sound conclusions.
- The ability to attract, retain and grow key talent.
- A passion for NJC’s mission.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- CFRE or equivalent preferred.
This position is open until filled; salary DOE.
For consideration please submit a cover letter and resume to:
The National Judicial College
Attn: Human Resources
Judicial College Building, M.S. 358
Reno, NV 89557