Masking and Search Warrant Essentials for Commercial Motor Vehicles
Wednesday, Jun 3, 2020
11 a.m. PST | Online Webcast | Tuition: Free
The NJC is presenting a CDL/CMV webinar for judges on June 3, 2020. Masking and Search Warrant Essentials for Commercial Motor Vehicles addresses the issues of what constitutes masking and identifies the circumstances an officer can lawfully search commercial motor vehicles. The webcast provides pre-course and post-course information, and a certificate of attendance suitable for submitting to the judge’s state licensing agency for continuing legal education credit.
- Distinguish between masking and deferring;
- Identify at least 3 consequences of masking and deferring;
- Describe why ruling on masking and deferring cases is difficult;
- Demonstrate competence of CMV nomenclature;
- Recall different CDL licensing structures; and
- Explain and identify when and how a search is lawful.