Probate Matters: Advanced is a four-module course exploring complex issues that might arise in Probate Court, including trust litigation, end-of-life issues, capacity, and more. This course should take the average learner between four and seven hours to complete.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Recognize and adjudicate capacity and accommodation issues;
- Describe appropriate procedures for your court’s involvement in termination of life-prolonging treatments and procedures;
- Identify and apply national best practices for processing probate cases; and
- Resolve recognize revocable and irrevocable trust disputes.
Faculty: Hon. Curtis Bell and Prof. Rebecca Morgan
- Opening, Closing, and Monitoring the Case
- Capacity and Access to the Courts
- End of Life Issues
- Trust Litigation