November 8, 2018 10 a.m. PST | Online Webcast | Tuition: Free
What do judges need to be aware of when establishing effective court-media relations? Prepare your court for high profile cases and inquiries from the press by maintaining transparency and clear communication with the media right now. How are interviews performed? What technology is allowed in the courtroom? Are there social media expectations? What are the dos and don’ts of relationship building and outreach efforts? This webcast will offer best practices for developing your court’s decorum and standards when communicating with media.
After attending this webcast, judges will be able to:
- Identify best practices for establishing your court’s decorum in regards to communication with the media;
- Define how other courtrooms address the use of certain technology, such as cameras and cellular telephones;
- Ascertain ways to perform interviews and communicate via social media during a high profile case;
- Identify relationship building avenues; and
- Describe the administrative questions that your court may receive.