The American Bar Association’s Rule of Law Initiative is looking to fill the following short- and long-term positions in its Middle East and North Africa programs.
Long-term paid positions:
- Program Director, prosecutors program (Egypt) or public prosecution education advisor. Seeking expert to post as soon as possible for up to three months with possibility to extend for an additional 18 months; requires experience as a prosecutor with additional experience training legal professionals and supporting institutional capacity building in the justice sector.
- Program Director, judicial education (Egypt) or judicial education advisor. Seeking expert to post ASAP for up to three months with possibility to extend through May 2018; requires (ideally) experience as a judge, with experience in training and institutional capacity building in the justice sector.
- Program Director, Judicial Sector Reform – Criminal Procedure Code (Tunisia). Seeking expert to this fall (contingent upon award of grant) for up to 18 months; requires USG program management experience and relevant legal expertise
Shorter-term expert-trainer positions*:
- Expert-trainer on trafficking in persons for prosecution training program (work implemented in Tunisia). Pro bono; planned for two weeks in October 2017.
- Expert-trainer in anti-corruption for judicial training program (Egypt). Pro bono; planned for one week mid- to late-November 2017.
- Expert-trainer in transnational crime for judicial training program (Egypt). Pro bono; planned for one week mid-February 2018
- Expert-trainer on the role of the judiciary in times of terrorism and surveillance for judicial training program (Egypt). Pro bono; planned for one week mid- to late-November 2017
*Please note, all of these positions require experience in the substantive area/topic and experience developing and leading trainings/symposia.
For more information, visit the ABA ROLI Job Opportunities page.