If You Are Our Next Instructional Designer…
- You will be an important change agent helping us bring new ways of thinking about important legal issues from artificial intelligence to environmental issues.
- You are looking for the ultimate ID opportunity to work with a one of a kind customer base of highly educated decision makers.
- You will work with our amazing academic team as well as several hundred volunteers who include our exceptional subject matter experts to develop engaging programming.
If you answered “yes” to all of the above, then we may have the perfect position for you!
The National Judicial College (NJC) is a prestigious and renowned institution dedicated to providing professional education and training for judges and other judicial officers across the United States. With a mission to advance justice through quality judicial education, the NJC plays a critical role in enhancing the knowledge, skills, and ethical practices of those who serve in the nation's judiciary.
NJC is seeking a creative, collaborative, and adaptable candidate to fill this full-time position. The Instructional Designer at the NJC will be an essential member of the Academic team, responsible for creating innovative and engaging learning experiences for judges and judicial officers. The successful candidate will collaborate with subject matter experts, faculty, and instructional technologists to design and develop comprehensive and effective educational content that aligns with the NJC's mission and instructional standards.
The ideal qualified candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor's degree in instructional design, instructional technology, online education, or related field or post-graduation certificate in instructional design from an accredited program.
- At least five (5) years of experience in course design, curriculum design, training, or online learning.
- Experience with online course management tools, graphic and multimedia authoring software and website design software.
- Experience managing and administering complex projects.
- Familiarity with the judicial system or prior experience working in legal education.
- Previous related work in adult education setting.
- Experience with a variety of LMS platforms, authoring tools (to create e-learning content, like interactive modules, quizzes and simulations), graphic design and multimedia tools (to help create visually engaging and appealing materials), video editing/screen recording/capture tools, virtual classroom tools, simulation and game development tools, survey and assessment tools, project management tools, and AR/VR tools.
- Masters degree in a related field.
This position is located in Reno, Nevada- deemed The Biggest Little City and listed as a US News Best Place to Live. Find out more about the perks of living and working in Reno: Home - WorkLivePlayRenoTahoe
Relocation assistance may be available.
Please e-mail cover letter, resume, and examples of your work to: NJC-HR@judges.org
NJC offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.