What will I learn?
During this course, you will learn to:
- Identify common myths about Domestic Violence and how those may appear in your courtroom;
- Learn about different types of Domestic Violence;
- Learn how to use “trauma-informed” language and why it matters in your courtroom;
- Learn how Domestic Violence affects more than the “intended victim” and how to implement strategies to protect children from vicarious trauma;
- Develop techniques to prevent “burnout” while presiding over these cases.