During this course, you will learn to:
- Describe what it takes to be a court interpreter, the roles and duties of a court interpreter, and the use of appropriate terminology;
- Summarize the ethical obligations of the judge, lawyer and interpreter regarding court interpreting;
- Explain court interpreter needs and expectations of the judge and how best to work as justice partners; and
- Discuss the impact of cultural differences on how justice is perceived and dispensed.
– This webinar may be eligible for Continuing Legal and Judicial Education (CLE/CJE) credits under most
– Please check with the state which you intend to file with regarding requirements for CLE/CJE webinar
– The Supreme Court of Ohio Commission on CLE, Nevada CLE Board and the Kansas Continuing Legal Education do not allow individuals to submit CLE directly on webinars. Please contact the NJC registrar should you need assistance filing for CLE credits from any of the above-mentioned states.
– CLE/CJE credit hour estimates* are 1.50 hour total credits. There are no ethics credits available.
*Estimated credits are subject to approval based upon state specific rules regarding webinar presentations.