During this course, you will learn to:
- Explain the current hate crime trends in the United States;
- Discuss the effectiveness of hate crime laws;
- Determine the role of the judiciary in addressing hate crimes; and
- Apply best practices when sentencing hate crime perpetrators.
- Judge Peggy Kuo – Magistrate Judge
- Judge Trina Thompson Superior Court Judge in the Alameda County Rene C. Davidson Court.
- David Barkey, Esq. – National Religious Freedom Counsel, Anti-Defamation League’s National Religious Freedom portfolio
- Michael German – fellow with the Brennan Center for Justice’s Liberty & National Security Program
- John Yang – president and executive director of Asian Americans Advancing Justice
This webinar is co-sponsored by the National Asian Pacific American Bar Association (NAPABA) Judicial Council and supported by the State Justice Institute (SJI). This webinar may be eligible for Continuing Legal and Judicial Education (CLE/CJE) credits under most state boards/bars/commissions.