Last year the Conference of Chief Justices of every state supreme court unanimously adopted a resolution recognizing racism as a serious problem in the justice system and pledging to work to end it.
On February 25, the College and the National Center for State Courts will host a landmark Racial Justice Roundtable with representatives of nearly every national judicial organization.
The purpose of this online event is to share lessons learned and discuss solutions to systemic racism. It will be the culmination of our popular Conversations on Racial Justice series held last year in the wake of the police killing of George Floyd and subsequent protests.
The featured speaker will be one of the country’s leading experts on the science underlying bias and racism, Professor Robert Livingston.
You will hear from the leaders of these following organizations:
- American Bar Association Judicial Division
- American Judges Association
- Appellate Judges Education Institute
- Conference of Chief Justices
- Hispanic National Bar Association Judicial Division
- International Association of LGBTQ+ Judges
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association Judicial Council
- National Association of Administrative Law Judiciary
- National Association for Presiding Judges and Court Executive Officers
- National Association of Women Judges
- National Bar Association Judicial Council
- National Center for State Courts
- National Consortium on Racial and Ethnic Fairness in the Courts
- National Council of Juvenile and Family Court Judges
- National Native American Bar Association
- The National Judicial College