During this course, you will learn to:
- Identify and describe the commonly used medication for the treatment of opioid use disorders;
- Cite why it is the recommended practice to incorporate medication for opioid use disorders;
- Gain knowledge to dispel myths and inaccuracies about medications for opioid use disorders;
- Describe how medication maintenance treatment leads to improve outcomes; and
- Recognize that federally funded treatment courts can not preclude participation because a person is on medically assisted treatment.
Hon. Robert Russell, Ret. (NY)
Funding for this initiative was made possible (in part) by grant no. 1H79TI081968 from SAMHSA. The views expressed in written conference materials or publications and by speakers and moderators do not necessarily reflect the official policies of the Department of Health and Human Services; nor does mention of trade names, commercial practices, or organizations imply endorsement by the U.S. Government.