Artificial intelligence, autonomous vehicles, crypto currency, personal privacy in the age of the “internet of things” – what do you know about these things? Enough to do your job as a judge?
If you’re not sure, and if you live in the Seattle area, join us for a fun program and reception.
“A Cliff’s Notes Version of the Future: What Lawyers and Judges Need to Know About Emerging Technologies” will be held Thursday, Nov. 1, at the law offices of K&L Gates, 925 Fourth Avenue, Suite 2900. The program will begin at 4:30 p.m. followed by a reception at 6 p.m.
RSVP by October 19 to Elizabeth Morgan-Beesley at firstname.lastname@example.org or 775-682-9120.
Here are the panelists you’ll hear:
- Moderator Robin Feldman, Harry & Lillian Hastings Professor of Law and Director of the Institute for Innovation Law, UC Hastings College of the Law
- Ryan Calo, Lane Powell & D. Wayne Gittinger Endowed Professorship, Associate Professor of Law, University of Washington School of Law
- Joe Lee, Assistant General Counsel, Microsoft Enterprise Cloud
- James Robart, United States District Court, Western District of Washington
- Aravind Swaminathan, Partner and Co-Chair of the Cyber, Privacy & Data Innovation Team, Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliff