Was your favorite faculty member honored?
As you probably know, most NJC faculty are volunteers. In fact, judges compete for the honor of teaching their fellow judges.
The following faculty received plaques for years of service during the most recent classes held in Reno:
- Prof. Gordon Zimmerman 45 years
- Hon. Karen Hunt 30 years
- Prof. Ronald Hofer 25 years
- Hon. Ramona Tsosie 20 years
- Hon. Thomas Tom Clancy 15 years
- Hon. Stephen Goss 15 years
- Hon. Jan Morris 15 years
- Hon. V. Lee Sinclair (Ret.) 15 years
- Hon. Jane Fishman 10 years
- Stephen Gizzi, Esq. 10 years
- Hon. Gary Graber 10 years
- Hon. Jason Ashford 5 years
- Hon. Judith Olean 5 years
- Hon. Philip Straniere 5 years
- Don Tomlinson, Esq. 5 years
The National Judicial College is always looking for excellent faculty
members. If you have teaching experience and are knowledgeable in a
subject matter, please fill out this form.
Almost all judges believe Supreme Court justices should be subject to an ethics code
It’s safe to say that judges think their brethren and sistren on the U.S. Supreme Court should be bound b...
Remembering Lee Sinclair
Photo courtesy of The Repository
Lee Sinclair recalled that as a child he loved to visit the Stark Count...
Remembering Dean Larry Hyde
Judge Laurance M. “Larry” Hyde, the dean who established The National Judicial College on the campu...
Poll suggests that judges know what life is like in their jails and prisons
Judges who send people to jail or prison usually have at least some idea of the conditions in the facilitie...
Judicial Heroes and Legends: May 2022 - Hon. Constance Baker Motley
When Ketanji Brown Jackson was nominated to become the first Black woman justice of the U.S. Supreme Co...
Download a PDF of our complete 2022 course catalog