The National Judicial College seeks an experienced Program Attorney responsible for researching, designing and implementing continuing judicial education programs. Under direction of the Academic Director the Program Attorney will:
- Research, design and implement curricula for in-person and web-based continuing judicial education programs.
- Identify and recruit judicial, medical, legal, and other professional faculty.
- Develop faculty, provide feedback on performance and presentation style.
- Edit faculty-provided material for accuracy and compliance with NJC standards.
- Promote NJC products through a wide array of marketing tactics to increase judicial participation.
- Lead manager/administrator team during all stages of course facilitation.
- Handle all logistics for off-site courses including direct contact with host site staff.
- Participate in grant concept papers and applications, including deliverable identification, budgeting time and expenditures, and project length. Ensures deliverables are met.
- Develop yearly program budgets.
- Assist in all areas of the Academic Department and special projects as required.
- Continually uphold the NJC values of maintaining an absolute commitment to justice, delivering and inspiring excellence and innovation in our work, championing integrity, and demonstrating engaged leadership.
- Depending on experience, position may be filled as a Senior Program Attorney.
- Law degree from an ABA accredited law school.
- Exemplary written and verbal communications skills with the ability to express ideas clearly and concisely.
- Ability to be professional and diplomatic, and relate well with individuals at all levels.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- The ability to manage multiple priorities and produce under tight deadlines.
- Flexibility to handle multiple priorities with the ability to adjust to high pressure and rapidly changing business conditions.
- Broad based knowledge of issues that come before the nation’s judiciary.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office programs and databases required.
- Travel as required.
- Experience with events planning, program or project management, or meeting planning preferred.
- CJE/CLE program design experience preferred.
This position is open until filled; salary DOE.
To apply please email resume, cover letter and writing sample to email@example.com